Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1

My alarm went off at 5:15a like it does most Monday mornings. By 6a I was in the car on the way to work, my stomach in knots. Was it because I was hungry or because it was upset?

And so today, October 1, I'm doing what many other people have done: cutting gluten out of my diet to see if it makes a difference.

Two years ago celiac disease and a gluten-free lifestyle became regular words in my vocabulary because my husband, our friend Bobby and I bought Triumph Dining, a publishing company devoted to this market.

Since then I've learned a lot from our readers, our advertisers and our bloggers. If this is on your radar, by all means check out the Triumph Dining Blog or sign up for the newsletter.

Stay tuned. Today I begin to walk the talk. 


2 comments:

caryl lyons said...

Remember when I did the no dairy, no gluten cleanse. The first couple of days were awful, but it got better and the taste of food changed for me. Everything became much more flavorful. Need to do it again - you definitely feel better. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

I was 97lbs in August 2010. I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I'm 51 years old and could eat whatever I wanted in whatever quantity I wanted! I'm now over 140lbs and have to learn how to eat the right way!! I always wonder why people go gluten free to loose weight!! You won't loose weight, at least I haven't.